FOCUS RS MK3 REPLACEMENT FRONT PADS – FERODO
Ferodo racing brake pads are designed for low- and high-speed braking efficiency, reduced stopping distances and the consistent brake pedal feel that racing riders need first time, every time.
Ferodo’s DS2500 racing brake pads represent a new generation of friction material that’s low in compressibility, ensuring a firm pedal while providing great disc and pad life.
These pads were developed with characteristics that make them perfect for track days, including a consistent coefficient of friction (0.50) at any temperature, providing very predictable braking and great pedal modulation.
Combined with low wheel dusting and good noise characteristics, this product is the brake pad for the driver who needs the highest track-day braking performance.
The main characteristics of Ferodo DS2500 Pad are:
- Race developed
- Performs equally well on heavy and light cars
- 20% less pad wear than competitive products
- Minimal bedding-in. Supplied ready to use
- Disc friendly
- Consistent friction level with changing temperatures and speeds to give optimal pedal modulation
- High friction level at low temperature (good cold braking)
- High friction level at very high temperatures
- 35% less compressibility than competitive products (racing pedal feel)
- Less noise for increased driving comfort
FERODO DS1.11 FORD FOCUS MK3 RS FRONT PADS
Several Brake Pads on the market boast “ceramic” technology. DS1.11 is the real thing. It is based upon a chemical family known as Siloxanes.
Unlike Carbon based materials, siloxane chains do not decompose at high temperatures and so DS1.11 keeps on working up to the highest temperature a brake pad could ever see.
That means it won’t fade and has excellent life, the best in the Ferodo Racing range. Moreover the performance remains exactly the same throughout the pad’s (long) life.
It is formulated to provide a very flat friction profile at a medium/high level of friction. The pad compression is very low, always, and so pedal travel is short and consistent.
The main characteristics of the DS1.11 pad are:
- Heavy duty endurance material
- Short bedding in time
- Applications; Touring Car, GT, Single Seat
- Average friction coefficient 0.46 over working temperature range of 200-700*c
- Long life
- Very kind to discs
Part no: ASBRAKE3